Having recently taken 70-480 Programming HTML5 and CSS 3 Exam, I think these notes I made may help those preparing for the exam. The topic-by-topic breakdown is courtesy of a colleague and friend Frank Liao.
- Videos - Jump start from Microsoft Virtual academy:
- Some Specifics
- onblur Event
- Regex Validation
- HTML5 Form Validation Examples
- HTML <input> value Attribute
- HTML <Aside> tag
- jquery to goto a url on form submit with field values added to the url string
- Best HTML5 markup for sidebar
- CSS text-transform Property
- HTML5 Inline SVG
- What is the difference between decodeURIComponent and decodeURI?
Implement and Manipulate Document Structures and Objects (24%)
- Create the document structure. [link link]
- Write code that interacts with UI controls.
- Apply styling to HTML elements programmatically. [link]
- Implement HTML5 APIs.
- Establish the scope of objects and variables.
- Create and implement objects and methods. [link link]
- This objective may include but is not limited to: implement native objects [link];
Implement Program Flow (25%)
- Implement program flow.
- Raise and handle an event.
- Implement exception handling.
- Implement a callback.
- Create a web worker process. [link link]
Access and Secure Data (26%)
- Validate user input by using HTML5 elements. [link]
- Consume data.
- Serialize, deserialize, and transmit data. [link]
- This objective may include but is not limited to: binary data [link]; text data (JSON, XML) [link link link]; implement the JQuery serialize method [link]; Form.Submit [link]; parse data [link link link]; send data by using XMLHTTPRequest [link]; sanitize input by using URI/form encoding [link link]
Use CSS3 in Applications (25%)
- Style HTML text properties.
- apply styles to text appearance (color [link], bold [link], italics [link]); apply styles to text font (WOOF and @font-face, size, understudy fonts) [link]; apply styles to text alignment [link], spacing [link], and indentation [link]; apply styles to text hyphenation [link]; apply styles for a text drop shadow [link]
- Style HTML box properties.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: apply styles to alter appearance attributes (size [link link], border [link] and rounding border corners [link link], outline [link], padding [link], margin [link]); apply styles to alter graphic effects (transparency, opacity [link], background image [link], gradients [link], shadow [link], clipping [link link]); apply styles to establish and change an element’s position (static, relative, absolute, fixed) [link]
- Create a flexible content layout.
- This objective may include but is not limited to: implement a layout using a flexible box model [link]; implement a layout using multi-column [link]; implement a layout using position floating and exclusions [link]; implement a layout using grid alignment [link]; implement a layout using regions [link], grouping, and nesting [link]
- Create an animated and adaptive UI.
- Find elements by using CSS selectors and JQuery. [link]
- Structure a CSS file by using CSS selectors. [link]